5 Colorful Sunglasses For Men You Should Definitely Try This Summer 2020
Sunglasses commonly known as Shades are used to protect your eyes from harmful UV rays of the sun or high-energy visible light from damaging or discomforting the eyes. Sunglasses for men are used for fashionable purposes as well. Shades surely make you look like an actor or actress.
You would be surprised to know that Shades isn’t 20th-century thing, even in prehistoric and historic time, Inuit people wore flattened walrus “ivory” glasses, which had narrow slit to look through, and is used to protect them from the harmful UV rays of sun. In the 12th century China made the sunglasses from the flat panes of smoky quartz, which offered no corrective powers but did protect the eyes from the glare. A fun fact, according to the ancient documents these type of sunglasses for men or shades were worn by the judges in ancient Chinese court to conceal their face expressions while questioning their witnesses.
The modern type of shades were first introduced in the 19th century, Crookes lenses made from glass containing cerium, which block UV light. Then in the early 1920s, the sunglasses became quite popular, especially among the elite class as well as the actors and actresses.
Sunglasses come in a wide variety of lens colors, among which gray, black, brown, green, yellow, orange, amber and red are the most common ones. One of the things which most of us consider or must consider is the color of the lens. After trying some of the lenses you may find that colors such as gray, brown and green are neutral. They decrease the glare and eyestrain without distorting colors. Yellow, amber and orange lenses, on the other hand, increase the contrast. They also block the blue light, which is believed to be harmful to the eyes.
You may also consider the shades with photochromatic lenses, that changes colors depending upon the amount of light they absorb. Though they are more expensive they eliminate the need of a separate pair of glasses.
You should also consider the lenses with the medium darkness. Dark lenses don’t necessarily block more UV rays than the former one but they surely will make your eyes more difficult to see. Hence it is important to consider the lenses with medium darkness.
Identify the Best colour Sunglasses For Men your needs.
- Depending upon the type of activity you’ll be engaging in, you must choose the colour of your shades. For driving, gray and black works out best to block out colors. Yellow and amber are not recommended in this case because they may distort the color of the traffic signals.
- Determine the type of climate where you live in. Different colors are recommended for different types of weather. For sunny or overcast days, brown, amber and gray are the best recommended. Green colour shades are recommended for the most weather conditions, including rain. While, if you live at some place that has heavy air pollution you should go for the yellow colour lenses.
- You may be surprised to know but certain colours give you an edge if you play sports. For example, gray, brown or yellow are best suited for Tennis. If you play golf, you should go for the yellow, amber and brown are your go-to. Brown, Yellow or Rose are the good options while running.
- Also, a lot depends upon your complexion. Determine your skin tone. If you have pink or blue undertones, you have a cool complexion while if you have a yellow undertone you have a warm complexion. Blue, purple, rose, gray or green tinted lenses are best suited for the cool complexions. On the other hand, red, yellow, brown, amber, or orange coloured lenses are best suited for the warm complexions.
- For a vintage or classic look, you should stick to the neutral tones such as gray, dark gray or green.
- If you don’t like the dark colored lenses sunglasses, pastel lenses are one of your another option. These stylish shades might not block much light but they give you a cool, summery look. Some of the shades that you might want to consider are: Light Orange, Rose, Lavender, Soft Blue, and Light Gray.
Let’s check out the type of sunglasses for men that you should try this summer.
AVIATOR SUNGLASSES FOR MEN: The classic 1980s style are still popular among the adults. You can pull off your aviators and enjoy all the attention.
ROUND SUNGLASSES FOR MEN : Round frames are a part of the 90s package. They have some of the iconic styles to offer. These type of sunglasses gives you a clean edgy look. They are best suited for square or heart shaped faces.
D-FRAME SUNGLASSES FOR MEN : The linear shape of these rectangular frames makes a strong statement. They look elegant on every face cut.
COLOURFUL FRAMES: Colourful Frames take on a massive fashion statement. Pink, Yellow and greens are very much in, you can also go for light brown colour with a turtle design frame.
GEOMETRIC FRAME SUNGLASSES FOR MEN : A great and a versatile style for round and oval faces or heart shape faces as well. These frames are angled and gives you a very edgy look. These frames look great when paired with colours like pink or brown.